Monday, June 2, 2014

another work in progress completed

Before Sophia was born, I had several months in which I intended to create for her some mom-made blankets, burp cloths, and quilts.

But as my belly grew bigger, it became more of a challenge to assemble and baste quilt sandwiches on our living room floor.  As a result, I didn't sew as much as I would have liked and several items just never got finished.

One of those creations was a simple baby blanket-quilt with her name in raw edge applique.  I wanted it to be similar to my personalized burp cloths...just a pop of color on a clean white background.  However, I just never got around to working on it.

So when she decided to sleep in yesterday -a rare occurence- I knew I had to take advantage of the opportunity to finish it.

I used Robert Kaufman's orange Ta Dot for the back, Warm & Natural batting inside, and Kona in white for the front.  I adhered the scrappy letters with Heat n Bond, then straight stitched around the edges.  I admittedly took the easy way out by doing a mock binding and then quilted back-n-forth randomly with my machine to keep it all together.

It is completely imperfect, a tad rushed, but made with love...and after being tumble dried, it is all crinkled and ready for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment