I am incredibly excited to be hosting my first mini quilt swap. While I have participated in many and been a swap mama in a few, I have never taken the reigns. Heather Ross is my favorite fabric designer, and like many of you, I love her colorful and whimsical artwork.
Her new fabric line Tiger Lily for Windham Fabrics will arrive in stores in August 2015, so I thought it would be fun to celebrate with a summer swap.
Swap Sign-ups: Monday, June 1 at 9:00 am EST
Swap Sign-ups close: Monday, June 8 (or when swap is full)
Partner information will be sent via email by: Monday, June 15
International Ship Date: Thursday, October 1
Domestic Ship Date: Thursday, October 8
**Please do not ship early!**
Please read these rules carefully before sign-ups open on Monday, June 1.
- This swap is exclusive to INSTAGRAM users who have a PUBLIC IG account ONLY. Please understand…when creating a mini, your partner needs to have access to your feed to get an idea of your style and interests. If your account is private, you won’t be able to participate.
- Because this is a HEATHER ROSS mini swap, you are required to use her fabrics in the mini you create for your partner. I realize it’s hard to cut into her fabulous fabrics, but it’s a requirement to participate.
- While patiently awaiting your partner information, make a MOSAIC and post to your IG feed ASAP…this gives your partner a better of idea of your style, color combinations you prefer, and a better chance of making something you’ll love.
- Post PROGRESS pictures frequently on your IG feed to show that you’re actively and enthusiastically participating during the creative process. Use the hashtags #hrminiswap "heatherrossmini as well as your team name hashtag (TBD).
- Be sure to respond to your swap mama at the MANDATORY check-ins. We will have several of these over the next 3-1/2 months.
- Create a mini quilt with dimensions no less than 12” in any dimension.
- This is a secret swap, so stalking is good, but SHHHHH! Keep your identity a surprise until the end.
- SHIP ON TIME! You have 3-1/2 months to plan and create something special for your partner, so don’t wait until the last minute to get started. Deadlines are stated in the beginning for a reason.
- You will be REQUIRED to send your swap mama a copy of your TRACKING NUMBER once you ship if you’re in the US. If you’re international, then a copy of the customs form will suffice.
To sign up for this swap, find and follow crookedwhimsy on Instagram!