Wednesday, March 6, 2013

snow day


It feels good to have a day off.
It feels even better to be productive on that day off.

I woke up this morning and made some bibs with matching washcloths.  I can't wait to give these as gifts to the mother-to-be.   

For the bibs I used this pattern from Sew She Sews.  For the washcloths, I hastily measured 8" x 8" squares.  Next time I'll try cutting them a bit straighter.


I found a white beach towel that I had never used.  While soft as velvet, it had a silly logo.  So it was just another item headed for the Goodwill pile.  However, it works out perfectly as a backing to all the bibs and washcloths, and I'm glad I could repurpose it.

In hindsight, white thread would have been more aesthetically pleasing (duh!).


I have a little left over, so maybe I will add burp cloths to finish the sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment