I finally finished my "hearty" pillow cover. It actually took me longer than expected, as I'm a novice at free motion quilting. I machine-appliqued the hearts and struggled to outline them accurately; as a result, it's looking rather shabby and crooked.
Regardless, it feels rewarding to have another functional item for the house, although the real test will be if the pillow form actually fits inside. I sewed the seams crookedly, so it might be off a bit. I'm hoping to pick one up at JoAnn's today for the true test.
This was my first attempt at a pillow cover, other than the small cushion I hand stitched in Brownies as a second grader. So I used an easy-to-follow tutorial provided by Cluck Cluck Sew here. I am so thankful for all the experienced folks out there who offer free tutorials for us newbies. The back side is a red and white polka dot fabric.
In the meantime, this baby girl quilt still patiently awaits its turn to be stitched. I could really use a nap. Waking up at 4:30 this morning has proven detrimental to my ability to function normally today.